Copies of COLD STEEL arrived on my doorstep this afternoon.
I can’t read them all, plus I already know the story, and meanwhile the book is not officially released until 25 June 2013.
[The ebook will be released into the wild on 25 June but it is possible that the print book will start showing up earlier in bookstores just as the print copies of COLD FIRE did. So if you are buying the print version, keep your eyes open.]
Obviously the only thing to do is to have a giveaway.
I’m giving away four copies of COLD STEEL.
Here are the rules:
1. The giveaway will be open for one week, from today 20 May until 9 p.m. HT (Hawaii Time) on Monday 27 May.
2. Anyone can enter internationally.
3. To enter, ask me a question about the Spiritwalker Trilogy *or* about writing *or* about the science fiction/fantasy field and media *or* about something else. Everyone who asks a question is entered. There are no stupid questions.
4. Three of the copies will be picked randomly from all entries (here, on livejournal, and on tumblr). One copy will be picked at my discretion based on the questions themselves–but only one. There may be a few of you who worry about whether your question is good enough or clever enough or interesting enough: It is. And anyway, as per the above, lest you are still secretly fretting as I would be, three of the winners will be picked without regard to the question asked.
I will mail out the winners’ copies as soon as I get addresses (on May 28 if possible).
5. After you have read the book you can review it IF YOU WISH, or not review it, as you wish. This giveaway is in the nature of thanking my readers.
Just to clarify, any review should be the honest opinion of the reviewer. While I naturally hope all of you love the novel, I am aware that not everyone will, and reviews should be honest. However, IF you decide to review it, I ask (as per Orbit’s request) that you not review it until late June when the books are available.
Do not underestimate the importance of the social media conversation about books. The conversation is a fabulous thing, and it matters.
A brief reminder: Check out my book event dates (San Francisco, San Diego, New York, Seattle, Portland), and come if you can!
One last thing: YOU GUYS. Thank you for being the best readers.